top of page
In 1820, Pittsboro held its earliest recorded Episcopal Church service, likely at the Chatham County Courthouse. In 1831, it was decided that a church building was necessary to serve the congregants. The cornerstone of this new building was laid in March of 1832. St. Bartholomew's first service was held in December of that year.
bottom of page